Use this calendar to plan all aspects of your wedding in a more efficient, less stressful manner.
6-12 Months Before the Wedding
- Reserve the date with your florist.
- Set the date and time of the wedding and reserve the ceremony location.
- Set the location for the reception.
- For church weddings visit appropriate clergy members.
- Discuss expenses and establish the wedding budget.
- Choose attendants and honor attendants.
- Order your wedding invitations.
- Begin both the bride's and groom's guest lists.
- Determine the size and formality of the wedding.
- Shop for bridal gown and headpiece.
- Shop for attendant's attire and accessories and establish a color scheme & Floral theme.
- Select and reserve photographer and videographer.
- Select and reserve musicians for wedding and reception.
- Order your wedding rings.
- Create a Gift Register.
- Discuss honeymoon ideas.
2-4 Months Before the Wedding
- Arrange a meeting with your florist to order your wedding flowers. Bring a sketch or photo of your dress and color swatches of your bridesmaids' dresses.
- Address all wedding invitations.
- Shop for Groom & Groomsmen attire.
- Confirm date and time of wedding rehearsal.
- Arrange lodging for out-of-town guests and attendants.
- Select gifts for attendants and groomsmen.
- Finalize details with reception coordinator.
- Select music and meet with musicians.
- Order the wedding cake.
4-6 Weeks Before the Wedding
- Contact your florist for an appointment to review your order.
- Send "thank you" flowers to the hosts of your pre-wedding parties.
- Mail your wedding invitations.
- Have the final fitting of your gown.
- Call your reception coordinator to finalize last minute details.
- Meet with photographer and videographer to discuss details.
- Arrange special transportation for wedding party.
- Plan the attendants' luncheon or party.
- Plan the 'Buck' & 'Hens' night.
- Select the groom's gift.
- Prepare seating chart for reception guests.
- Write thank-you notes for shower gifts and wedding gifts as they arrive.
2 Weeks Before the Wedding
- Make final check with your florist. Double check delivery times and locations.
- Order "thank you" flowers to send to parents after the wedding.
- Make final check with Master of Ceremonies, musicians, organist, photographer, videographer and reception coordinator.
- Keep a list of wedding gifts and their senders as they arrive.
- Finalize seating chart for reception guests.
1 Week Before the Wedding
- Give the final guest count for the reception to reception coordinator.
- Arrange pick up of guests and attendants arriving at airports.
- Enjoy the benefits of good planning and a beautiful wedding day!